This post is by Tor.com from Tor.com Frontpage Partial - Blog and Story Content
Click here to view on the original site: Original Post
The African Speculative Fiction Society has announced its shortlists, including The Ilube Nommo Award for Best Speculative Fiction Novel by an African and the shortlists for Nommos in the Novella, Short Story, and Graphic Novel categories. We’re pleased to report that Nnedi Okorafor’s Binti: The Night Masquerade and Tomi Adeyemi’s Children of Blood and Bone have been included.
Click through to see the shortlists, and congratulations to all the nominees!
- Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi (Henry Holt and Co (BYR))
- Empty Monsters, Cat Hellisen (Amazon)
- Freshwater, Akwaeke Emezi (Grove Press)
- Knucklebone, Nechama Brodie (Pan Macmillan)
- The Strange, Masha du Toit (independently published)
- A Spy in Time, Imraan Coovadia (Rare Bird Books)
- Binti: The Night Masquerade, Nnedi Okorafor (Tor.com Publishing)
- The Firebird, Nerine Dorman (Amazon)
- Hard Mary, Sofia Samatar (Lightspeed)
- Neid-Fire, Caldon Mull ...